PvtCareDr, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor with experience of many years in General Practice.

I have a biblical hernia in my stomach area that sticks out ...

I have a biblical hernia in my stomach area that sticks out a good bit. Problem is I really have anxiety over surgery so it has been like this for the past 3 years. My question is , how dangerous , if at all, is it to just keep putting off surgery, and is there non surgical treatments to repair it. It does stick out pretty good on my belly and being 350 lbs doesnt help things.

Since4 how long are you suffering from hernia?

Are you talking of belly button hernia? is that umbilical hernia?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr Anil Munjal's Post: Yes...sorry on is an umblical - ie. front of belly hernia that sticks out a good bit. 4 years ago I had a triple hernia surgery....both groins and umbilicle.....a few months laster i noticed the belly one didnt take anddurign follow up withthe physician he said all was it got worst and I neevr went back to him and just lived with it for the past 3 ro 4 years. How dangerous is this and is there any non surgical way to repair it. I do have extreme anxiety around hospitals and sugery so tend to avoid or ignore mu medical problem if possible.

It can be dangerous to avoid surgery because it can strangulate. You must loose weight before next surgery because your first surgery failed because of your weight problem. Next surgery will be successful only if you loose weight.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have more questions concerning losing weight as I am 350 lbs and my weight is causing severe sleep apnea, which leads to major lack of sleep and sleep deprevation, and both legs have been swollen with fluids and open wounds with staph infection on and off for the past 3 years....I would liek to discuss this withyou more at a later time so I appreciate and accept you replies an will consideer the weight questions a new question. How do I make sure I correspnd with you and is it possible for our communication to be private and unlisted?