Judy, Nurse
Experience:  RN in ICU for 35 years

My tear ducts are not producing tears the Dr. says they are ...

My tear ducts are not producing tears the Dr. says they are extremenly dry and also says SPK over eyeballs. This Dr is not giving me much answers he says I may go blind and is refering me to another specialist. My vision i the past month since this problem started has gotten very bad I can barely see.
Category: Health
Expert:  Judy replied 9 years ago.
You need to see this other specialist asap - this is imperative to stop the scarring process. Keratitis has many causes - if yours is do to bacterial or viral or fungal infection - that needs to be treated in order to reduce the chances of scarring and save the area of the cornea that overlies the visual field - the center of the eye where the pupil is seen as well as the surrounding area. Do not take no for an answer - if the specialist cannot see you then call others or go to a specialty hospital and show up in their emergency room.

Here you can find a list of 37 doctors that are eye specialists within a 25 mi radius of Blair.- they actually all seem to be in Omaha but have various hospital affiliations.