Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720
Health

My wife has lost all sensation in her vagina after ...

My wife has lost all... Show More
My wife has lost all sensation in her vagina after childbirth,what can we do to rectify this as sex does not feel the same for her anymore, states there is no feeling
Category: Health
replied 10 years ago.
How long has it been since the childbirth?
Did she have a vaginal or cesarean?
Was this the first childbirth?
When you say she's lost all sensation does she not feel anything or is it painful?
It would be helpful to know, thanks.
Customer reply replied 10 years ago.
Reply to haloprecious's Post: 4.5years since the last but 10 years since the problem was caused by our first.Both were vaginal births. Happened with the first 10years ago. No more children to come. She states she does not feel anything, sex is regular but has no feeling, cant get into it, thankyou
haloprecious, Doctor (MD) replied 10 years ago.
If I understand it correctly, this problem is existing after the first childlbirth. Was it difficult - did the doctors use any instruments to deliver the baby or was the baby stuck at any point during labor?

Is the doctor a gynaecologist whom you saw? Thanks
Customer reply replied 10 years ago.
Reply to haloprecious's Post: Large baby,9lb10oz,40hrs in labour,no instruments used, not stuck at any stage, alot of scarr tissue as it had to be cut to give birth to our second son who was not as large, the doctor was a gynaecologist
Thanks for replying.

The labor was indeed difficult with a large baby and 40 hours is a long time when the average time is 15 -20 hours.
This indicates that it is very likely that the nerves were damaged during the process and hence the vagina is without any sensation.
There is a procedure called vaginal rejuvenation but if the nerves are completely damaged , it won't be of much help.
I don't think conventional medicine has any answers to this though alternative medicine may help.

Hope this was useful and you are welcome to ask doubts if any by clicking the answer or info button.