Loss of feeling or sensation is called numbness.
Numbness usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.
Numbness is a symptom & not a disease.I
It can be due to following diseases:
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Repetitive motion disorders
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory disorders(poor blood circulation)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Transient ischemic attack
Stroke & ischaemic attack are stress related.
So I advice you to don't take it lightly & go for a complete medical checkup to know the underlying disease & treatment accordingly.
The following tips will help you greatly:
1.Exercise to maintain muscle tone.
2.Attend a group support to diminish depression and other negative feelings.
3.Rest and practice a relaxation technique for improved energy level.
4.Avoid temperature extremes.
5. Meditation, massage & relaxing therapy will relieve the stress & improve blood circulation.