Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

I have a tingling feeling on my vagina but i dont ...

I have a tingling feeling on my vagina but i dont have any outbreaks
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
Is this your only symptom or have you had any discharge, abnormal bleeding or abdominal pain, or an odor with your discharge? This will allow me to better be able to help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nope nothing hurts; just normal discharge; no odor and its not ongoing its just once and awhile expecially when i sit down... Its not burning or anything and ive looked down there and there is no rashes or nething
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
All the above are good signs that you do not have infection, an STD, or signs of a urinary tract infection. It could be the pressure on your vaginal area that is causing the tingling or a possible allergic reaction to a soap, tampon, or even laundry detergent or condoms that could cause this. I would recommend since you have no signs of infection or illness to try some Vagasil medicated wipes which help with itching and maybe even some Benadryl and if this helps it would narrow this down to an allergy to something your vaginal area comes in contact with but at this time it would be best to monitor since you do not have any symptoms of illness or infection. If you have not had a pap smear in the last year just to rule out any abnormalities I would recommend this as well.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well i had a pap done last year and all was clear... i made sure all was good and got tested for EVERYTHING... Have you been asked this question before....
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
That is very good that you made sure and were tested for everything and that all was clear. Make sure you do this yearly especially since the HPV outbreak is so widespread and I recommend testing to make sure you do not have this and request the injection that can help to prevent this from being passed to you. I have heard of this a couple of times and in one instance it was allergy related and in one it was cysts putting pressure in the vaginal area causing the numbess and tingling. The other times it was always just due to sensitivity and the Vagisil wiped worked wonderfully and were only needed occasionaly. So try this and continue to monitor this for any other signs that illness or infection could be an issue and continue those yearly pap smears for preventative care which is highly important.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience: Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks that clears my mind alot
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
You are so very welcoome and I am so glad I could be of help