PaulaNP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner; 36 years experience with adults, geriatrics,and children;Therapist

My right side hurts really bad, above my hip bone but ...

Customer Question

My right side hurts really bad, above my hip bone but under my belly button to the right of my body, it hurts when i move, when im still, and if i put my hand on it and push it hurts like CRAZY, im wondering if this could be my appendix? im scared of hospitals...dont really wanna go...
Category: Health
Expert:  PaulaNP replied 9 years ago.

Dear Nique,

Does it hurt when you push in and then remove your hand fast? If so, it is probably your appendix. You need to go to the ER for an exam. If you wait, it could rupture and spill the contents of your intestines in to the belly, and you will be very sick and in the hospital a long time. It may be something else, but you won't know until you go in. Go with your parents or good friend. If the pain is real bad call 911, so you can into the ER sooner. Go now!