Gloria K
Gloria K, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, pediatrics, geriatrics, acute care
2504518

i keep getting a sharp pain in one spot of my head ...

i keep getting a sharp pain in one spot of my head ,on the top left side for about 3 months now i was told it was a migrain
Category: Health
Expert:  Gloria K replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer thanks for using Just Answer for your question. My name's XXXXX XXXXX I'm online now to help.

1. Can you tell me your age and sex?

2. How long have you had this symptom, and how often does it happen?

3. Can you tell me about your medical history, (ie; any conditions, diseases, past surgeries, or any medications that you may be taking?

4. Did your doctor do any tests (CT scan, MRI, etc?)

Write me back with your answers, I'd be glad to help. Thanks, Gloria
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no they didnt .and dont have ins. and cant get another appt for 2 months
Expert:  Gloria K replied 7 years ago.
How old are you?

Are you having this symptom now?

How long does it last when it happens?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
minutes sometimes longer,sometimes stays dull for long periods
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im 33 and its been on and of all day today it gets bad for awile then dulls then goes away.lasts 10 20 minutes
Expert:  Gloria K replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer I have to go offline now, but I don't want to leave you hanging. I am going to refer your question to another expert. This may take a few minutes. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok ty
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hello still waiting ty:)
Expert:  Gloria K replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer I'm sorry you had to wait so long. The other expert/experts must not have gotten my message, I apologize. Thank you for your patience. I'm back online now.

What you are describing sounds like an "icepick migraine". You should be seen by a doctor, since you describe this as a new type of headache for you. It could also be a migraine, a cluster headache, or a sinus headache. You did not mention if you had any pre-existing health conditions, and since I do not know your history, I do recommend that you call your doctor now about this symptom. A complete physical exam, CT Scans, an MRI, bloodwork and some other tests should be done to see what type of headache you are experiencing. I would not wait two months for this. Try to find a doctor that can see you much sooner.

If you experience a sudden or severe headache, a headache that does not go away, dizziness, vomiting, or visual changes, have someone take you to an emergency room right away.

If it turns out to be migraines, your doctor can give you medications to alleviate the pain. It all depends on what type of headache you are experiencing and the cause.

Please call your doctor now about this symptom.

If you have anymore questions, please continue to ask- that's what I'm here for! Otherwise, if you are satisfied with this answer, and if I have helped you, please hit the accept button and leave positive feedback. Thanks, Gloria

Information contained herein is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions and is not a substitute for professional medical care. Please call/seek your doctor now about your symptoms. All information is general advice and opinions and is not official medical/nursing advice, health teaching, health counseling, or health information. Information provided should not be used during any emergency situation- call 911 for all medical emergencies.
Gloria K, Nurse (RN)
Experience: RN, pediatrics, geriatrics, acute care