Walter
Walter, Just Answer Health Expert
Experience:  Medical Expert with Just Answer 3+ years.
997364

What is the difference between Bronchitis and Laryngitis?

Bronchitis is a deeper chest cough and should not affect the voice. Laryngitis can have a cough but it is not normally as deep or as often as bronchitis. Voice hoarseness or loss of voice all together is associated with laryngitis.

From your symptoms, it sounds as though you may be suffering from laryngitis. You will want to drink warm teas and warm food. Rest your voice as much as possible and do not strain the voice by yelling or over talking if possible.

If you must go out, cover your mouth and nose to prevent cold air from aggravating the condition. Cloreseptic throat spray is the best product for this.

Read full interaction below »

Question

What is the difference between bronchitis and laryngitis? I have a bad phlegmy cough and hoarseness of voice, so I cannot speak. Which do I have?

Category: Health
Expert:  Walter replied 10 years ago.