Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

I have a blue ring around my otherwise brown eyes. I have ...

Customer Question

I have a blue ring around my otherwise brown eyes. I have been told that this indecated some type of medical condition. could you clear this up for me? Its been there all my life and I have other family members that have this feature and we are healthy people. my mom has it and she is 83 years old.
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
This is one of those old rumors per say as many people have a different color characteristic and it does not signify a disorder or health condition but is more related to your family history and genes that give us the color of our eyes, hair, and even skn color. If you are not having any health issues then that can be related to your genetic history not a sign of an health condition. When you have regular eye examinations and health examinations this would be something they see and with other symptoms such as headaches, numbness, or tingling it could be a sign of a possible health disorder but even with those symptoms it would be rare that the actual color of your eyes be a health issue. I hope this will help to cause this to not be of worry to you as with all that you state it sounds genetic and not a cause for concern.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience: Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've clicked the yes button and the accept button and I still dont see an answer to my question please dont tell me that this is a scam! Customer
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.

You should be able to see it posted right after the question you asked but I am going to re-post it below and if you have further problems please send an email to info@justanswer.com or click the help button at the bottom of the page and they will be more than happy to help you out. Look below this paragraph and you should see my answer reposted but I do promise you this is not a scam and probably one of the most noted and respected answer sites on the internet. This does occur with some browswers that you may be unable to see the answer although rare but if you do not see it this time please click the above link or the help button below and they will be able to help you even further. See answer below:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, I found the answer and I am satisfied with it. I had a friend that is a nurse tell me this.and also when I got my eyes checked for glasses she called it a white ring ,but i said its not white its blue, and she responded that she perfers to say white but did not tell me what it should be associated with. Thanks,Customer
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.

You are so very welcome and actually I find rings around the eyes very attractive and it really makes your eyes stand out. I think you and your family are lucky to have this gene trait and I am glad this helps to settle your mind that this is not a cause for worry. Should you ever have any other health concerns please use us again in the future and if you prefer you can request for me as I am on most everyday.

Sincerely,