vanislandwitch
vanislandwitch, Natural Practitioner
Experience:  Over 10 years as a Natural and Holistic Practitioner

my skin has turned white on my vagina and anus. Allot ...

Customer Question

my skin has turned white on my vagina and anus. Allot of pain in anus. skin seems very dry. i have used different creams from my doctor and i have had a hystectomy 20 years ago i am 41 years old and this problem started about a couple months ago and has gotten worse were my anus is swollen
Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  vanislandwitch replied 7 years ago.

Hello There,

Thank you for coming to just answer with your health question. Without actually having you in my clinic I recommend you talk to your doctor about the possibility of “Lichen sclerosus", the most common type of vulvar and anus skin disorder, is characterized by white, shiny patches of parchment-like skin on and around the labia. The patches sometimes extend to the area around the anus. The cause is unknown.
Lichen sclerosus sometimes causes intense itching. However, some women have no symptoms, some have only vague discomfort of the vulva and anus, and still others have discomfort that progressively worsens. The patches of skin affected by lichen sclerosus can bleed easily when scratched or rubbed, making sexual intercourse uncomfortable.

Without treatment, the disorder can cause scarring and fusing of the labia, making sexual intercourse impossible. Lichen sclerosus can also cause deep cracks
around the anus, resulting in painful bowel movements and bleeding.
Skin changes caused by lichen sclerosus may increase the risk of
vulvar cancer.

Lichen sclerosus,
• Very common in menopausal women
• Look for:
• thinner, atrophic-appearing, white skin
• loss of normal vulvar architecture
• complaints of itching, burning, or irritation

Prevention of skin disorders of the vulva and anus involves good vulvar and anus hygiene, which includes avoiding irritating soaps and perfumes.
Periodic self-examination of the vulva is also recommended, as is an
annual doctor's examination for detection of skin changes that could
signal cancer. Women who are unable to see well enough or who lack the
flexibility to examine themselves can ask a spouse, partner, or
caregiver to do it for them. Without such help, annual doctor's visits
may not catch the progression of skin changes in women with a history
of previous abnormalities.

The information here is only for informational purposes. I can not diagnose your condition online.You may need further testing, or even a biopsy of the skin.

I recommend you make an appointment with your doctor and talk about the possibilities I have mentioned above.