Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae

Hi, I have a rash in the crease of my leg that is wet and ...

Hi, I have a rash in the crease of my leg that is wet and has an oder. It comes and goes but is real irritated today.

Is it scaly ? Any associated redness ?

Any treatment history done so far ?

Is it located in groin fold ?

Can you send a picture ?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
not scaly

just tried antibiotic creams never seems to go away 100% plus i don't apply it everyday, may forget if it doesn't hurt

yes, groin fold between scrotum and leg

not able to send a pic. It is very red has moisture and mild odor

The rash you describe can be due to fungal infection and needs to be treated with antifungal ointment or antifungal powder since you describe it as wet . Probably antifungal powder would be more effective .

Also fungus develop more in wet and moist skin .

Hope This helps .

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I should mention that on my job, i walk around buildings in security and have to wear a uniform that makes me hot and sweaty at times. This most likely further supports a fungus?

Yes a fungal infection is common if area is constantly moist . Thats why this is a recurrent problem in your case .

You need to wear soft cotton undergarment , and apply antifungal powder liberally .