Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

Im not pregnant but I feel movement below my stomach

I'm not pregnant but I feel movement below around my uterus area. It's pulsing and actual movement, what can this be? It does feel like fetus movement. I have had a period last month and have taken 2 pregnancy test. I am very sure it is not due to pregnanancy. What else would make these movements?

If you are sure that you are not pregnant, then the movements are due to movement of the intestines. Excessive movement of the intestines which can actually be felt can occur where there is a mild indigestion or gas in the abdomen. Constipation can also cause the intestines to move more than normal in an effort to expel the stool. Movements of the intestines can, very often, feel exactly like the movements of the fetus.

Another cause which is comparatively uncommon is an UTI where the bladder is inflamed. But this will also produce other symptoms of UTI like burning urine, increased frequency etc.

You can take an antacid called Gelusil (available OTC) which can absorb the gas in the intestines and see if you feel better. Digestive enzymes, also available OTC, should also help.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your answer re the intestines movements seem logical. I have no pain, just those weird movements for the past 4 days. I will follows your advice regarding the antiacid. I have had UTI before and know this is not the cause. thank you again

You are welcome.