Hello my friend,
First of all I am soo sorry about the loss of your father. I realize that this can be hard even now and I am here for you. I believe that your symptoms are linked to a nutrient deficiency, and stress. When we go through a major ordeal in our lives such as the loss of a loved one we can often be under more stress than we even realize. What you're describing to me is a symptom caused by stress. You are probably still going through the grieving process and it may take some time to heal. Stress can cause the body to react in many different ways. Extreme levels of stress over time can have an effect on the nervous system. It can cause you to lose sleep break out, or even become depressed. Stress affects a person emotionally, behaviorally, mentally and physically. Stress is inevitable but I will give you some methods that should help you deal with stress more effectively and address your nutritional needs. These methods don't require any doctor visits or medications which is a big help considering that you don't have insurance at the moment.
Effective ways to cope with stress
- Get plenty of sleep- strive for at least 8 hours per night
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of pure water per day.
- Be sure to take time out for yourself- Read a book or relax in a warm bath
- Get some type of exercise each day- preferably for 30 minutes. Walking is a great form of exercise.
- Maintain a positive outlook on life- Try to think about what is going well in your life and if you find your mind drifting back to the negative quickly train your mind to shift gears and think of something that makes you happy. The mind is a powerful tool.
One herb that is especially powerful in helping a person deal with stress and to relax is called Valerian root. This herb has been around for thousands of years and is well known for the calming effect it can have on a person. It is very safe and doesn't interact with any medications. It should mainly be taken at night before bed or when you just want to un wind. It has also been known to help people with insomnia.
More information on Valerian root
Congratulations on losing 40 pounds! You have moved in the right direction towards living a healthier life. Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the most important things you can do to prevent breast cancer and heart disease. These other recommendations will help to ensure that you're getting adequate nutrition.
- Take whole food multi-vitamin and mineral supplement with extra B-vitamins. B-vitamins helps your nervous system function which in turn gives you more energy. I highly recommend that you pick up a good multi at your local health food store and stay away from synthetic brands like Centrum. These brands are made with chemicals and have very low doses. You want to pick one that is made for women, mainly consists of whole foods, and has 50mg or more of all the B-vitamins. Typically if you go to any health food store someone there can help you choose the right one.
- Take 1 tablespoon of organic flax seed oil each day. This will help to lubricate all the joints in your body, your skin and hair will be softer, and your brain and heart will function better.
- Do a cleanse with every season. One that I personally recommend is at http://www.drnatura.com/ whenever you start a cleanse you should know that your body will eliminate a lot trapped toxins. This will make you feel a little nautious for the first few days, but it will pass and its all part of the healing process.
- Start juicing 3 or more times per week- A glass of fresh organic vegetable juice can do wonders for your energy.
I realize that this is a lot of information to take in and it really is a lifestyle change for the better as part of your overall health and wellness plan. It may be easier for you to gradually introduce these changes and that is fine. By including all of them you will look and feel great. You will get results with consistency and after about a month on this plan you will want to stick with it for life.
More helpful information
101 Ways to cope with stress
Natural treatments for Vertigo
I hope that my answer has helped you. My goal is for you to be completely satisfied. I will continue to work on your behalf until you're happy. I am always here for you. Please let me know if you need any more information.