Sarah Rachel
Sarah Rachel, Nutritional Consultant / Herbalist
Experience:  Nutritional Consultant, Herbalist, Natural Health Advocate, Studying to be a Holistic Practitioner

Why do my fingers crack open and bleed

Hands constantley itch, especially in the morning. They are stiff in the morning.Doesn't seem to be related to the use of a certain product. Lotion doesn't help, makes it worse when it gets in the cracks. Try to protect hans as much as poible from the elements. Don't use latex. Constant pain and swelling from the cracks. Has been going on for over a year.
Category: Health
Expert:  Sarah Rachel replied 9 years ago.
Hello my friend,

I am soo sorry to hear that your experiencing this. I realize it can be hard especially since you have been dealing with this for over a year. Winter can aggravate your symptoms so I certainly feel for you. This may be due to a skin condition. Since you are also itching I think you may have dermatitis. This can look like a rash or in some people it can just cause cracks in the fingers and itching like what you're describing. If it isn't dermatitis it may be some type of other skin condition. I highly recommend you see a dermatologist to be properly diagnosed. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Take care

Sarah Smile

A wonderful product which may help you

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Is gloves in a bottle for dermatitis? Most lotins irritate my skin more by causing burning.

Hello my friend,

Yes it is for dermatitis and other skin conditions. Here is a link to their page on dertamtitis.

Sarah :) Smile