Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.

My left ear hurts, is very swollen and hot. The left side ...

My left ear hurts, is very swollen and hot. The left side of my face is slightly swollen, hurts and is hot. My sinuses (on the left only) are swollen and sore to touch. my eyes sting and feel warm. I have a headache, that almost feels like a migraine. I feel like the swelling and the pain are spreading across my face towards the right side. What could possibly be going on?
You may be having an acute attack of SINUSITIS. This requires urgent evaluation and prescription antibiotics...if you doctor is not available at the moment, you may need to go to the ER. In the meantime, try a pain-killer like MOTRIN/ TYLENOL, and some steam inhalation, and warm compresses...
Some more tips here

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Gaurav Gupta's Post: Would Acute Sinusitis be causing my outer ear to swell so badly? The entrance to my ear canal is almost blocked.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
My entire ear is 3 times its normal size. Also, since my first post, the pain and swelling has moved further across my face and my hearing has decreased significantly. My lower jaw bone hurts, as well as cheekbone. My eye is now swollen and leaking yellow pus. I have had many sinus infections in the past, and this does not feel at all like any sinus infection I've ever had.
Well this is certainly NOT a case of simple sinusitis..
You definitely have a severe bacterial infection involving the entire face, the casue of this could be a skin infection (cellulitis) or secondary to an ear infection..
Given the severity of your symptoms, a visit to the ER is necessarey with possibly IV antibiotics under admission to be given along with appropriate tests including cultures for proper management,