PvtCareDr, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor with experience of many years in General Practice.

I have a recurring itch in the same spot on my back ...

I have a recurring itch in the same spot on my back for a couple of years. it itchs several times a day. there is no visible redness or anything out of the ordinary in this area.

What is the exact location of itch?

Have you taken any medications for the itch?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It is in the middle of the back and a a couple of inches left of the spine.

I have taken nothing for it.

What is your blood pressure & blood sugar level?

What is your height & weight?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My blood pressure is about 110/70. I don't know my blood sugar level. I'm told by my doctor that I don't have a sugar problem. I am 5'8" about 275. I had a heart attack in Jan 06 and take Plavix, baby aspirin, toprol, crestor and altace. This itching has been there since well before the heart attack. I had a similar problem on the bottom of both feet (always in the same spot, more on the right foot then the left) but that seemed to go away when the back itching started.

Most likely such long itching could be due to neurodermatitis but itching can also be aggravated by long term medication also.

You are advised Platelet examination & Complete blood counts to rule out any purpura.

You can take Librium 10mg At night time which will reduce anxiety & reduce your symptoms.

Hope this helps.