Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
1189392

Continuous vaginal bleeding for 4 months

Customer Question

I've been having abnormal vaginal bleeding for the past 4 months.I've been to my gyn and had an exam, including a pap, an HIV test, a pregnancy test, and tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphillis, but they all came out negative.My doctor first put me on Micronor so the bleeding would stop long enough to do the exam, and I got a Depo shot when I had the exam, which was also supposed to stop the bleeding.She's giving me progesterone-only birth control because my blood pressure is high, but the bleeding only stopped for a couple of days and it started again.The bleeding has never been heavy or painful; I usually go through 2-3 tampons or liners a day.However, when this first occured, the roommate I was living with told me that she'd had her period and it returned 2 weeks later. The next day the same thing happened to me and I'm normally very regular with my periods. It lasted a week and stopped, then came back in another 2 weeks, and it hasn't stopped yet.Could this be from her?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 9 years ago.

First of all i would like to let you know this condition is not from your friend .This is just a coincidence .

The bleeding you are having can be due to various causes Thyroid dysfunction ,Fibroid uterus ,endometriosis , Polyp , malignancy ,Blood clotting disorders to name a few .

In my opinion you needs thorough investigations like Thyroid Function Test , BT, CT ,Trans Vaginal Ultrasound for further evaluation .You need to be seen by a Gynaecologist .

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

How can i help You ?

Please explain your Query ?