NurseElisa, LPN
Experience:  30 years, critical care, home care, management, coronary care, gastroenterology, sex!

I have a lump under my left ear lobe. Could this be just ...

I have a lump under my left ear lobe. Could this be just an infection or something more serious
Do you have pierced ears?

If so, is it near that area?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I do have pierce ears, but no it is actually where the jaw bone connects to the bottom of the ear lobe
Sometimes, little cysts develop in that area. You can put warm compresses on it a few times a day and keep triple antibiotic ointment on it. It will probably bust and drain. These little cysts are not unusual. There are little sweat glands in front of the ear, behind the ear, and just below - different than the sweat glands we have under our arms. These do get clogged from time to time.

As for warm compresses, I like to use a tea bag that has steeped in hot water for one minute and then cooled - enough to not burn you. The tannic acid in the tea (regular tea) draws out fluid from a superficial cyst.

It it becomes reddened, swelling increases, painful or you develop a fever, you would need to see your doctor.

If you have any further questions regarding this topic, please let me know.