nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Live Support.

Is the anesthetic drug propofol a narcotic

Customer Question

My husband is injecting propofol. I would like to know if it would be found by a drug testing urinalysis, or blood test?
Category: Health
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 9 years ago.
Your husband is injecting propofol he is at high risk for killing himself. This is the mily white medication used before and during surgery. It is the medication we use to put people in comas. It stops you body from being able to breathe on his own. I don't know how he is getting it, must be taking it from the vets office. I can't believe anyone would inject this medication. This is completely crasy. Does he have a death wish. Although if he is using small amounts of it, it does have a short half-life. He might regain breathing before his heart stops beating.

I find this crasy but no unfortunately your husband will not test positive in a 9 panal drug screen. They don't test for it becasuse I don't believe anyone would every use this as a drug of a duse.

I am interested by this though. What effect does this give your husband? How did he get into it? Do you know where he gets it from? Do you take precautions when he uses it?
I have just never heard of this and am curious as to why people are doing this. Do you know if this is popular?

let me know

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: I am not interested in your awnser, especially when you can't even spell correctly. Please just leave my $9.00 in the account.