shake_n_bake
shake_n_bake, Paramedic (EMT)
Experience:  E.M.T., Certified in basic life support, CPR, A.E.D. and nursing student
2678553

how do i pop my hip back into place quickly without

Customer Question

my hip is loose and its painful to run and im in wrestling and the pain will get so intense i cant wrestle
Category: Health
Expert:  shake_n_bake replied 10 years ago.
This has to be treated by the orthopedist. You may have bursitis (inflammation of the bursal sac in the hip joint) and you have to make sure that the hip is not totally out. This is not uncommon in people who run or put a lot of strain on the hip. Treatment is usually a shot of coritsone into the joint which brings total relief within two days of the shot. Do not try to pop it in yourself as you may cause further damage. Take it easy until you see the doctor. Do not run, wrestle or do anything that puts stress on the hip.

Doctor's recommend icing the area (20 minutes at a time, three times a day), putting a pillow between your knees so your hip doesn't pull, Ibuprofen for the pain and not laying on that side while sleeping.

For further reading on this I have provided a link to an excellent, easy-to-understand website on this problem. This is so you know exactly what is going on with your hip (just click below).

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?thread_id=139&topcategory=Hip

Hope my answer has been helpful and you feel better soon!