nurse_Dan
nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Live Support.

how long does valium stay in your system for drug test

Customer Question

how long does valium stay in your system for urine drug testing
Category: Health
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
If you are having a drug test valium is not a good drug to have in your system. It has a very long half life and can stay in your system up to 30 days.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Pressing the green accept button is alway appriciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: IS IT THE SAME WITH TEMAZEPAM, I HAVE ALSO ASKED A PHARMACIST AND SHE TOLD ME 4-5 DAYS.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: I WAS TOLD BY A PHARMACIST THAT VALIUM AND TEMAZEPAM STAY IN THE SYSTEM FOR URINE TESTING 4-5 DAYS, PLEASE ADVISE.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: ONCE AGAIN, I WAS TOLD BY A PHARMACIST THAT VALIUM AND TEMAZEPAM STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM FOR URINE SCREEN 4-5 DAYS, PLEASE ADVISE.
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
I have mis spoke the information. If you have been taking the medication for a lok times months to years the time to clear your urine is 1 to 4 weeks.

If you took a single dose of either of these medications the time to clear would be 1 to 3 days.

My states about is for if you have been taking them for a lomg time. Help this helps.

Write me if you have other questions.

Pressing the green accept buttom in always appriciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: my dosage has been 20mg per day for 5 days, I hope that I am providing enough information Dan, I appreciate your advise in this matter. I will have a urine screen on thursday Nov 16, 10:00am. I think that they are mainly looking for opiates but I am pretty sure that benzodiapines are looked for also. I take suboxone for to help me get off of opiates that I became addicted to after hip surgery, I am a disabled veteran with limited income.
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
I appriciate you service to our country. People like you are what have made our country great. Now the suboxone if you are still on it will not show in the urine test.

Let me ask you this. What the medication prescribed by you doctor? If so simply take the bottle with you and tell them when you stopped taking it. This way even if you are positve You will have valid reason for testing positive.

If it was prescribed from a docotr you should have no concerns.

If you caught this from another source when was the las time you took the medication. This will help. I see you ttok it for 5 days when what the last day you took it.

Let me know which is the case and the last dose that will help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: both meds are from an old script the valium script expired 1 year ago and the temazepam was from a script written in august of this year. Thank you for recognizing my service.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: oh, I plan on taking the valium at 15mg tommorrow.
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
Well her is the deal I would take the empty bottle of temazepam and tell them you have taken the last dose recently. They won't be able to to tell the difference.

I don't thionk this is going to be a problem for you. You have a valid prescrption for the medication.

I seriously doubt you are going to test positive any way but I would be honest with them/ Tell them you use the medication for sleep when you need it and you used the last dose recently. There is no reason why they should not accept this.

Hope this helps.

nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Registered Nurse, Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Live Support.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: thank you Dan. I hope that all goes well and I will be in contact with you for my questions of this matter and any other med matters. I hit the green "I ACCEPT BOTTON" so you should get the credit both ways, fee and my personal thanks. Please be there to answer other questions that I may have.
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
I will be here. I appriciate accepting the answer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
i have been taking valium 25mgs per day for 2 weeks, how long before I will test negative for benzos in a urine screen.