Jennifer PA-C
Jennifer PA-C, PA
Experience:  Physician Associate, Masters of Health Science, 7years exp Internal Medicine

Am I dead my temperature is 94.1. How can this be possible

I have been coughing, headache, congested, and a fever of 101. for the last 2 days. This morning I took my temperature and it was 94.1? I cannot get warm enough.
Category: Health
Expert:  Jennifer PA-C replied 9 years ago.
A temperature of 94.1 would be consistent with hypothermia and you would not be conscious in all likelihood. Therefore it makes more sense that this is not your actual temperature. Either your thermometer needs to replaced or perhaps you took your temperature after drinking a cold beverage or eating something cold. It is best for the most accurate measurement of your body temperature to take it rectally.
If you have an underactive thyroid or are very malnourished you may have a lower temperature however with this temperature I can only imagine that it is a false reading. You should have your temp taken with a different thermometer and make sure you have not eaten or drank anything cold.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jennifer PA-C's Post: Thank-you, I am going to go to the doctor to get a better reading. I took additional reading on my thermometer with different reading each time.
I don't eat like I should and I have trouble with my weight also. When I get a cold it really puts me down with a lot of joint ache, headache, congestion and coughing into pain.
I am glad I could help. If you have any further questions let me know, otherwise, I would apprecitate if you press the accept button.
Take care!