Gloria K
Gloria K, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, pediatrics, geriatrics, acute care
2504518

My period is 47 days late done a hpt and it was neg. I am ...

My period is 47 days late done a hpt and it was neg. I am tired have been bloatted anot and my breast have gone larger. My cycles are regular and I do not take B-control. Could I still be pregnant or is my cycle changing?
Category: Health
Expert:  PvtCareDr replied 8 years ago.

What is your height & weight ?

Is this long period for the first time?

Do you have poorly developed secondary sexual characteristics?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr Anil Munjal's Post: I am 5ft. 175 lbs. Yes. My cycle normal comes about every 33 to 35 days.
Expert:  PvtCareDr replied 8 years ago.

HELLO,

In medical terms this is called OLIGOMENORRHOEA.

In some women the pattern of menstruation extends to cycle lengths exceeding 35 days,without any impairment to their fertility.Since this is compatible with normal reproductive capacity within the limits of its own infrequent ovulation,it requires no treatment.However if the cycles are very erratic & infrequent , medical attention is called for.

To be on the safer side you can repeat blood pregnancy test.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr Anil Munjal's Post: I would like a answer from a female or someone with some knowledge of pregnancy. I have not missed a cycle this year. I keep up with them every month. I am having alot of gas and fatigue. I am in good health otherwise. I need to know when to repeat a test. Why would I be nauseated and tired? I have signs of when I am going to have my period but I didn't for the month of Oct.
Expert:  Gloria K replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer if it's okay with Dr Munjal, my name's XXXXX XXXXX I'm online to help you. Would you like my help?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Gloria K's Post: yes, please!!!
Expert:  Gloria K replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer I'm Gloria and I'm online now to help you.

Just to clarify,

You are 47 days late?

You have taken one home pregnancy test and it was negative, correct?

When did you take this home pregnancy test?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Gloria K's Post: Tuesday afternoon!!! 11-7-06
Expert:  Gloria K replied 8 years ago.
Sometimes there's two in one pack, did you take a second one?

You're 47 days late? So, you missed an entire period, correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Gloria K's Post: yes!!! I have only done 1 test!!! I had no spotting or anything. I missed the whole month. I thought that I would have started by now.
Expert:  Gloria K replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a second test that you can take tomorrow morning? ( Urine tests are more accurate if you do them the second time you have to urinate in the morning.) Don't do it on your first am urination.

Are your breasts tender, too?

Any other symptoms you can think of?

Are you on any new medications, do you have more stress recently, or have you been traveling?

Any weight gain or weight loss recently?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Gloria K's Post: My breast is larger I have been nauseated at any time not just in the morning. I have been bloatted alot and tired and sleeping alot more than usual. I want to eat alot of onions which I ate them before but not as much. I am not on any medication and no more stress than usual in my life from month to month. please give me your opinion now. You should have enough info.
Expert:  Gloria K replied 8 years ago.
What I think you should do is to take another home pregnancy test in the morning. As I suggested before, use your second urine of the day when you take it. If it's postive, obviously you'll want to call your doctor or Ob/gyn to let them know you want to be seen and have a follow up blood test done. If it's negative again, you should also call your doctor and let him/her know. You should have a blood test done to check for pregnancy, as these are more accurate than urine tests. You are definitely showing signs of pregnancy, especially if your cycles have been normal before this. If your blood test comes back negative, than your doctor can find out why you haven't had a period in so long. There are many reasons why women may miss their period. These are but are not limited to, stress, travel, infection, illness, weight gain/loss, thyroid or hormonal imbalance, etc. If I have been able to help you today, please hit the accept button. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks, Gloria

Information given is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions and it is not a substitute for professional medical care. All information given is general information and opinions and is not official medical/nursing advice, health teaching, or health counseling. Information provided should not be used in any emergency situation- call 911 for all emergencies.
Gloria K, Nurse (RN)
Experience: RN, pediatrics, geriatrics, acute care