nurse_Dan
nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Live Support.

stomach pains and blood coming out of my anus.

dear staff,
I have been feeling unwell for about 7 days now. I have a sick feeling in my stomach abdomen area (like i'm going to vomit ) usually it has only been for about 3 hours in the morning and then it goes away, but lately it has been any time of the day and night and sometimes it can be sharp, like a stich.
Also when i go to the toilet number two's a fair bit of blood comes out with it too, i'm a bit worried about that it is somehow connected to my stomach pains, the blood out of my anus has happened to me before in the past but it usually only lasted for about 2 days when this is still going for days,
would much appreciate any help you can give me, if i worsen i will seek medical advice from a doctor of some sort. I just want to know what i could be up against before i have to face a embarrasing examination in front of a doctor. lol
Thanks,
Jason
Category: Health
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
A few questions

Do you take any medications?
Do you have any medical problems?
What do the stools look like, are the red, black?
Do you use a lot of advil or alieve?

They could certainly be related. Let me know these answers and I will try to help you get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: dear XXXXX,
I don't take any medications and I have no medical problems. The stools are normal brown like, my digestion seems to be normal as i have a good healthy balanced diet, except for the blood that comes out with it. I don't take any advil or alieve.
Thanks,
Jason.
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
Ok thanks for the info.

I am almost certain you are describing some hemmoroids. Typically when the stools are normal color and there is some blood on the stool it is the result of a hemmoroid.

I would do this. I would get some hemmoroid cream (i.e. preperation H) and use that 2 times daily. With this buy some which hazal wipes. These two together are inti-inflamatories. They will help srink the hemmoroids down and hopefull you will start feeling better.

Im not sure where the nausea and pain fits in. Could just be a virus. From what you are telling me I don't think they are connected.

It also sounds like you are pretty healthy for the most part. I would not be to worried. I would try the creams and wipes and see if that helps.

I bet the other stuff will pass. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions. If you don't feel any better by the end of the weekend I would make a appointment with your doctor.

Hope you get better soon

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: thanks for the reply,
is it better to get the suppositories or the ointment.
Thanks,
Jason.
Expert:  nurse_Dan replied 7 years ago.
I would start with the ointment. But to be quite honest you could use both if you really want to.

I recently had this problem and I used suppositories, ointment and the witch hazel. I was better in about 2 days. I have relief really quickly.

Glad to help out. An accept would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for your question

nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Registered Nurse, Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Live Support.