MedAdvice4U, Physician Assistant
Experience:  Board Certified Physician's Assistant with 9+ years experience in General Medicine and Urgent Care

hair on top of nose, on the skin

Customer Question

I noticed little black hairs growing on TOP of my nose, on the exterior. How do I deal with this?
Category: Health
Expert:  MedAdvice4U replied 9 years ago.
Hair on the top of the nose is very common. This is fairly common with people who get a lot of sun exposure on the face. It can also be genetic or due to hormones (i.e. testosterone can cause hair to show up in many places that didn't use to have hair). A professional electrologist can easily permanently remove the hair for you. If you are in the sun a lot, use a high spf sunscreen on your face, paying particular attention to the nose. The nose is also a common area for skin cancers.

In addition, sometimes repeated friction to an area can stimulate hair growth. The body sees the friction as an injury and will grow the hair to protect the skin.

If I have helped, then please click the ACCEPT button and leave positive feedback - Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX care.