V. Yetimyan   M.D.
V. Yetimyan M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Physician for 20 years with experience in hospital patient care.

it feels like something has dropped or is blocking my vagina

Customer Question

while i was bathing i was rinsing off the soap and felt like a ball or growth inside the vagina hole towards the top. i have had a complete hysterectomy 20 years ago so what kind of growth could it be. i just noticed it. my husband said it felt like the area just below my clitorius and going into my whole or when you turn your fingers upward was swollen causing it to be dryer and harder to penitrate. i saw my doctor back in june and nothing was wrong then. there is no pain. just me being nervous and thinking the worst.
Category: Health
Expert:  V. Yetimyan M.D. replied 9 years ago.

You may have Bartholin's gland cyst. Sometimes the ducts of these glands become obstructed causing fluid to back up into the gland, resulting in relatively painless swelling called a Bartholin' s gland cyst . For more information click here.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if my answer is helpful to you. Click here to leave a positive Feedback rating. A Bonus would be encouraging. If you need more help please feel free to ask. Take care.