Vicky B
Vicky B, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered Nurse (pediatrics, home health), Internet Researcher, Caregiver, Mom for 21 years
1717998

Running Eyes

My eyes continue to run water Tried dry eyes from over the counter drug store Could this be my body is deficient in something?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vicky B replied 10 years ago.

There are several causes for watery eyes: allergies, blocked naso-tear duct,and infection in tear sac are the most common. Some causes that are not as common include: a blockage in the little opening leading to the naso-tear duct, drooping of the lower lid, polyps inside the nose, some sort of irritation such as ingrown eyelashes or a small piece of grit lodged under an eyelid although with both your eyes watering some of these less common causes don't seem applicable.

I would recommend you see an ophthamologist soon and have a complete eye exam. An eye doctor will be able to tell you right away what is going on.

Please let me know if I can be of further help to you.