Doctor Mike
Doctor Mike, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor Degree , Experience in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,OBGYN

what should i do if my blood pressure is 163 over 93 is ...

Customer Question

what should i do if my blood pressure is 163 over 93? is this something i should be concerned about?
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor Mike replied 10 years ago.

A blood pressure of 163/93 is a sign of Hyertension. This is above the average blood pressure that you normally should have.(normal blood pressure is below 120/80.). It is something you should be concerned about, but there are solutions to it. For now, you should visit with your doctor, have him repeat your blood pressure. And he will probably run some blood test to get a general idea of your health, and if need be he can prescribe with with medication that will help you lower and manage your blood pressure. But rest assure, you can still have a healthy life. Hypertension is very common, and its something that you can manage and go on living a normal life.
here is a brief video that explains a bit more about hypertension:

good luck & best wishes

If you found this useful please press accept button & leave feedback. Thankyou