Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

I have what looks like saliva in with my stool,or what ...

I have what looks like saliva in with my stool,or what looks like enzymes if you will and it is really worrying me. what could it be?
Looks like mucous? Any change in BM or pain etc?

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: I have no pain or change in stool,no wieght loss or any sighns or symptoms of cancer i believe.

You say it looks like saliva.. do you mean mucous?

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: yes mucous

OK, thanks. I just wanted to confirm.

The mucous may be coming from the intestinal tract. Which could be due to inflammation, infection, IBS, colitis, anal fissures.

If there is no problem with passing of a BM, and with you having no pain etc.. At this point I would say possible infection of the intestinal tract. You will need a course of antibiotics to help clear this up. So do give your doctor a call as he may also want to do a stool analysis.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and leave *POSITIVE* feedback.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: I have just recently quit drinking alot of alcohol, I would imagine thia has something to do with it?
It is very possible. If it's the cause, that can't be determined without an analysis though. But alcohol can change your system.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: I did not say but i have been like this for about six months. can i walk around with no symptoms of infection like sweats or chills. I mean I feel great, and if i take antibiotics will it stop

It is possible, but if it's been this long and you have no other symptoms, it may just be inflammation as well. I don't know how long ago you have stopped drinking a lot. However if this doesn't clear within a couple of weeks from stopping the alcohol then follow up with your doctor.

hope this helps Hun

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: thank you
You are welcome.. Please do leave feedback after clicking accept as I will do the same.