Judy, Nurse
Experience:  RN in ICU for 35 years

how much does a visit to a pediatrician cost without insurance

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Judy replied 10 years ago.
Hi, I see that your question has not been answered. I work for a doctor, but not a pediatrician. I guess the rates are about the same, however. The doctor I work for charges $225.00 for an office visit (this is the generally acceptable charge based on what insurances will pay). Not all insurances will pay this amount. If you are working and can pay some of the bill each month, many docs will reduce the amount to what Medicaid would pay, about $75-100.00. You can contact the doc's office and see if they will make this arrangement. If they say they cannot, ask them if they know of any clinics in the area or if the local hospital has a clinic. Then when you get to the hospital see if there is someone who can help you obtain and/or fill out forms for medical assistance - Medicaid, etc. Most of rhese clinics are free whrn you meet criteria.

If you give your state, I will try to see what is available for you in that area!
This site for finding free clinics may help - if you need help with it let me know!