Gloria K
Gloria K, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, pediatrics, geriatrics, acute care
2504518

What are the other causes of blue cervix

Customer Question

I am on birth control. The first day of my last period was 9/7. I missed my period this month. Took a home pregnancy test on Sunday 10/8 (negative). Went to the Dr. on Tues and they did a urine test (negative). She said my cervix was BLUE which usually indicates pregnancy. Blood test came back negative. Could I be pregnant but it is too early? What are the other causes of a "blue cervix"?
Category: Health
Expert:  Gloria K replied 10 years ago.
HiCustomer thanks for using Just Answer for your question. What you are describing is what Drs call "Chadwicks sign", which is a change in the color of cervical tissue. Sounds like you are rougly 7 days late. Some sources state that Chadwicks sign is presumptive, and that a change in cervical tissue can indicate an impending period, or a period that is about to come. Since the blood tests have come back negative, I would wait a few weeks and call your doctor again if you are still late. If you have any other questions, please ask me. Otherwise please hit the "accept" button.Thanks, GloRN
All information contained herein is considered general practical advice, and is not intended to be official medical advice. Information given is not intended for diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions or as a substitute for professional medical care.