Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

What can I drink to get my period

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex and I haven't gotten my period... The E.P.T that I did yesterday came back with an error result saying that it could be to early or not enough in the urine.
My grandmother took something in her teen years to get the period. Would you know what she drank?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 10 years ago.
Customer

There is currently nothing you can drink to get your period. If you think you may be pregnant, your best bet is to wait at least two weeks after a missed period, and see your doctor for a blood pregancy test as this is the most accurate way of testing. Two weeks gives the body enough time to produce an adequate amount of pregnancy hormone, that is detected by the test. If the blood test comes back positive, your doctor can go over the options available.