Ask Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport Your Own Ques...
Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport
Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport, Voc Rehab Counselor, M. Ed.
Experience:  Disability/Rehab Consultant. Broad knowledge of many chronic and acute health problems.
14607

I have severe nausea when I lay flat on my back in bed ...

I have severe nausea when I lay flat on my back in bed and if I were to do floor exercises. My head feels like I am hung over and it takes me about 3 hours even if I don't lay there for more than 2 minutes. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I get dizzy and I feel like I have to breathe more to come back to normal. Can someone help with this?
Does this also happen when you tilt your head back while you are sitting or standing?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport's Post: Yes after a few minutes I cannot lay my head back it starts to sort of spin not as intense as the laying back part. I have had this all my life and to answer why not checked it out before never thought to ask at the time at doc cause I just avoided that position.
Your symptoms point toward a balance or vestibular disorder. These disorders usually involve the middle ear, which is the balance center of the body. The type of treatment depends on the particular disorder and its cause. Read more here.

As the material Linked above suggests, make a list/log of your symptoms -- including the symptom(s) -- when it happened -- and what you were doing at the time. Also make a list of questions. Then, make an appointment with your doctor -- specifically to discuss this problem -- and do not forget to take your sympXXXXX XXXXXst/log, and your list of questions.

Click above Link(s) (if any) for additional information.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, thanks for the opportunity to assist you... Please honor my efforts by Clicking the green 'Accept' button (located within this post -- above-right). Adding a bonus -- should you wish to do so -- would be warmly welcomed.

I would also appreciate your Feedback comments regarding your experience with me.

Good Luck!

Steve
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport's Post: Steve:
I don't see where the link is?
My apologies -- I forgot to create it.

Here is the Link.

Good Luck!

Steve