EsquireEmily, Counselor with advanced degrees
Experience:  General medical experience + sexual and mental health. Worked in hospitals and clinics.

I have had and ingrown hair on a stretch mark at the ...

Customer Question

I have had and ingrown hair on a stretch mark at the top of my pubic hair for seceral months now. The first time it was there i got the hair our but it kept coming back, so every week i would squeeze it to get the puss out. For the past couple of weeks it wouldnt pop. Today i noticed it had popped while i wasnt home and that there is now a hole there and it fells like there is still puss under that. I get ingrown hairs all the time alwell on my legs and in my pubic hairs. What should i do?
Category: Health
Expert:  EsquireEmily replied 10 years ago.
Hi Juls,

You probably have a cyst. You need to see a dermatologist. The ingrown hairs most likely started from shaving - in the future you should be careful to shave only "with" the hair (e.g., in the direction the hair grows), and to use shaving cream or gel.