Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

My 7 year old daughter has a sore neck and limited movement ...

My 7 year old daughter has a sore neck and limited movement from poor sleeping posture on Sunday night. The pain caused her to miss two days of school. Does she need rest? heat? analgesic? doctor visit?

If you are sure this is due to sleeping in the wrong position, then rest, MOIST heat to the area, and Motrin (as this helps with ibuprofen) If there is no change with doing the above, then she should follow up with her doctor, just to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and leave *POSITIVE* feedback.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: Thank you for your advice on treating the pain in my daughter's neck. If it is more serious than a stiff neck, what else might it be?

Without an exam would have hard to say what it may be. However if she woke up that way, chances are due to sleeping the wrong way. Other causes could be that to anything like meningitis, a viral or bacterial infection. So do try that stuff I listed, but if no improvement in 36-48 hours, then do have her seen.