CorpsmanUp, Former U.S.Navy, Hospital Corpsman
Experience:  Over 4 years of providing direct, clinical medical care.

How to give a 7 year old child an enema

Customer Question

What is the procedure for giving a 7 year old little girl an enema? My ex-husband has been giving my little girl enemas on a regular basis, claiming 'parental care'. I am suspecting sexual abuse here, I need information on the entire procedure.
Category: Health
Expert:  CorpsmanUp replied 10 years ago.
Does your child have a medical condition that warrants an enema?

How long has this been going on?

How often is he giving her the enema?

What procedures does he take to do this?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to James's Post: No medical condtion. Time frame would be over the last year to year and a half. She stated every time she had to go to the bathroom and I'm not certain of his procedure. I've been reading on line the different types, how to administer, different postions, high/low enemas etc ... I want to know the dangers of giving them without really having a clue as to what you're doing. I've been a mom for 15 years and NEVER considered this as an option. this seems to me, would be a LAST RESORT.
Giving a salt water or a water enema will not harm the girl at all if done properly. Going too far or not being trained on how to do this could result in a tear of the anal wall or a cut/tear further up which could lead to major problems. I would say that the chances of this being sexually related are high given that she has no condition that warrants this. Your right, this would be the last resort. A doctor's visit would come before giving this at home....