Pamela
Pamela, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  27yrs R.N. experience; Nurse consultant, home visit nurse, ortho, cardiac, med/surg, O.B./nursery
1869971

I would like to know what causes a grown man to wet the bed

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Pamela replied 10 years ago.

Benjamin,

There could be a variety of reasons for this to ocur. The most common is to be in a dream state thinking that you are in the bathroom only to find out that you just relieved yourself in bed.

Alcohol can play a major role in wetting the bed. Having consumed too much alcohol can cause you to lose control of your bladder.

Prostate problems can cause urgency which can prevent the man to arouse soon enough from sleep to make it in time to the bathroom.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Clicking on the “ACCEPT” button validates your acceptance of the information provided. Clicking on the “BONUS” tab assures me that I have been of assistance and value to you and is most appreciated. Don’t forget to leave your FEEDBACK

Expert:  Pamela replied 10 years ago.

Benjamin,

Just checking in to see if the information previously left for you had answered your concerns.

I hope that you are doing well, but if I can help further with this or any other health concern, please let me know.