Kerry
Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
169559

I am experiencing uncomfortable pressure around my anus. It ...

I am experiencing uncomfortable pressure around my anus. It does not burn or itch. I looked in a mirror and was unable to see anything. I do not believe it is hemorroids. My bowel movements are fine and normal, but the pressure feels like I need to go, even when there is nothing there. It is worse when I am sitting down. I am currently taking rispiridone and prozac, maybe this is an interaction? This began on Thursday. Please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

Hello

There could be an internal hemorrhoid, or just an irritation. If it continues, I suggest getting in to have it checked.

Kerry

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: If it was an internal hemorroid, would I feel pain during a bowel movement? I don't currently. How would I know if it is an internal hemorroid? How are they treated?

Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

No, you wouldn't necessarily feel any pain. But if it is inflammed, it can be causing the pressure you are feeling. You might try a preparation H suppository as that will decrease the inflammation. Follow package instructions. If you experience any bleeding, see the doctor sooner. ER if it is more than a tablespoon.

Kerry