Candi
Candi, Mommy
Experience:  Mom of 3, family planning counselor @ CPC, daughter of cancer survivor, wife of stroke survivor.

If you got your period early (19 day cycle) which would ...

Customer Question

If you got your period early (19 day cycle) which would normally be a 26-29 day cycle would you ovulate early or late that month? Why would you have an early period such as that?

Also if you had ovulation spotting and intercourse on the same day would the spotting stop as soon as you had intercourse?

Which is a more accurate ultrasound the vaginal probe or on the stomach for estimating a due date ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Candi replied 7 years ago.
If you got your period early you would ovulate early that month. An early period could be caused by many things such as high stress, lots of activity or overexercise, change in eating habits, or spending a lot of time with female co workers or roommates to where their hormones would actually communicate with your body and cause you to synch up with their cycles.

If you had ovulation spotting intercourse would not interfere except that the sperm might "water it down" and make it less visible.

There is no difference in accuracy for estimating a due date between the two methods of ultrasound. Vaginal is used early in pregnancy because it is easier to find the baby that way when it is still very small.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Candi's Post: My last question is if you had cramping and bloating (pms symptoms) i always get around the time i ovulate (i had intercourse that day ) also (it was day 15 days after my lmp) and than red/pinkish spotting four days after that with no cramping or anything (19 days after lmp) what could that spotting be?

My doctors just went to do an internal on me last week and found a nice size cycst in there. COuld the cycst of had anything to do with that bleed (around) the time of implantation or did it have nothing to do with it and what was the spotting?
Expert:  Candi replied 7 years ago.
The spotting on day 19 lmp seems like it would be implantation bleeding. Are you still getting conflicting due dates?
Candi, Mommy
Experience: Mom of 3, family planning counselor @ CPC, daughter of cancer survivor, wife of stroke survivor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Candi's Post: Now with the cycst - i started to get worried - i was complaining about this pain for several mohts and they just felt it now - i didnt know if it could have been that.
Expert:  Candi replied 7 years ago.
that is possible. It is not uncommon for a cyst to cause some spotting and also to throw off your cycle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Candi's Post: Would it cause bleeding after conception? Would they just notice it now?
Expert:  Candi replied 7 years ago.
It could cause post-conception bleeding... it could be that they just noticed it now because it is small, or because they just weren't looking that hard. It is not uncommon to have small benign cysts that do not cause any harm to you but they are painful.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Candi's Post: What is post conception bleeding ?
Expert:  Candi replied 7 years ago.
any bleeding that happens after you get pregnant is post conception bleeding. here is the botXXXXX XXXXXne: you need to rest you mind about the spotting because there is no way to know for certain which of the many factors in your pregnancy caused it. It could have been from the cyst, from implantation, or just a random thing because, lets face it, pregnancy os quite a change for the uterus. It doesn't sound like it is anything to worry about. You should only worry if you have severe cramps and/or heavy bleeding.
Candi, Mommy
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Candi's Post: Thank you very much .
You have been a great .
Have a great weekend !
Nicole
Expert:  Candi replied 7 years ago.
Best of luck to you! Let me know if you need anything else. I know how scary things can be when you are pregnant... :)