Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

what does a high MPV(FL)finding in combination with ...

what does a high MPV(FL)finding in combination with heavy bleeding over several days and hair falling out in otherwise healthy female college student who is tired but has all normal test result aside for that and a low reading in lymp somthing
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 8 years ago.
You said that the tests were "all normal aside fr that and a low reading in lymph something"

What tests did you have done? What heavy bleeding (your period?)

How long have you had the symptoms of hair falling out and being tired?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: My daughter had a full cbc?The bleeding is from vaginal but she has been on depco for a long time and never had problems before.The womens clinic where she gets the shot told her they did not think it was the shot because she hasn't just starting taking it.Today will mark the 17 day.we are not certain when hair starting falling out exactly.her hair is really short and beautician is who spotted it ,so she started paying a little more attention.Also it started falling out more heavily.I would say it all has been going on for a little over a month.She now has a bald spot on place on the back of her head that is approx 1 1/2"in diamerter and i do mean bald.P.S. Thank you for taking time to try to answer this.
There are a number of things that can cause bleeding. She should see a Family Physician to get a complete physical.

The most likely cause of the bleeding and fatigue and hair loss is THYROID problem - hypothyroidism - or an underactive thyroid can cause weight gain, irregular periods, hair loss, dry skin, cold intolerance to name a few things.

She should see a physician and have a physical and some lab tests including a thyroid test (TSH)
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years