Deborah
Deborah, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered NP - Multispeciality
761613

I have no burning when I urinate but bladder hurts when I ...

Customer Question

I have no burning when I urinate but bladder hurts when I sit down. Doesnt hurt when standing, walking or laying down. Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.

Have you had a hysterectomy?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: Yes I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago.
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.
I would make an appointment with a urologist. I had a hysterectomy and six years later experienced the same problem. I consulted with the GYN who sent me to the urologist and it was determined that my bladder had dropped due to the absense of the uterus. I underwent a bladder suspenstion/repair and the issue resolved.

You may become more prone to UTI (urinaray tract infections) as the neck of the bladder is often collapsed due to the way the bladder sits.

Let me know if you have any furthe questions or concerns.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: You had to have surgery. My ob-gyn did my hysterctomy. After I empty my bladder the pain is gone.
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.
Aftetr I emptied my bladder (which was quite freqeuntly) the discomfort was gone. The bladder suspension,stopped all the discomfort.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: I am going to doctor tomorrow. I feel like that I could fall out. Pain is always there.
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.
Here is some helpful info that will provide you with some insight and discussion options to consider tomorrow with the doctor.

http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/prolapse/prolapse.html
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: Thank you very much for your help. God Bless and Take Care.
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.
and you as well!

Let me know what happens tomorrow after you come from the doctor. I will be online early tomorrow evening and will check back to see if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: Hello. I went to ob/gyn today. There was a bladder infection. Got me on some medicine. I asked her if she thought that my bladder had fallen but she checked and all is fine with my bladder. Thank you very much with your help.
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.

I am glad that you do not need surgery! The antibiotic should help clear the infection. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: Thank you very much. You have been so very helpful and kind. May God Bless you.

Angel