4ren6
4ren6, Medical Forensics
Experience:  Forensics Medical Forensics
796442

My newborn has a dent in his lower back, it looks like he ...

Customer Question

My newborn has a dent in his lower back, it looks like he was starting to develope spinal bifida. The pediatrician says that he is fine. But, I don't feel comfortable with his answer.
What could it be? Is this thing normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.
have any scans been made to ascertain a correct diagnosis.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: His dent is right above his tail bone right at the end of his spine up above his the start of his crack. I am not sure what it is, and it is bothering me. He does move his legs, I just want to make sure he doesn't have any spianl problems
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.

Ma'am my info request the first time and again now is........

have any scans been made to ascertain a correct diagnosisof any problems.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: No scans have been done, please be patient I am not very good at computers
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.
Oh that is no problem. I understand. have the doctors mentioned any medical concerns with you about what your seeing and is the child in discomfort........?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: He seems to have great deal of gas, and he is very fussy. I am breast feeding, and his stool is no longer mustard yellow, it is green. No scans have been done.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.
When was the last time the baby was seen by a Doctor for these conditions your now discussing.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: About two weeks ago, she didn't seem that concerned, but I am. Am I just being silly?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.
the dent as you call it sounds normal. I believe the child is fine but I would also contact your doctor should he show any signs of having problems moving his legs. But with the doctor telling you he looks fine and from the way he sounds it appears that all is well. His stool colors may be from the various foods given unless breast fed only. They will change on occasion as well. The color green needs to be checked if it stays this color.