Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

my boyfriend is always tired he takes a nap as soon as ...

my boyfriend is always tired he takes a nap as soon as he gets off work he's always tired and complains about being tired and worn out he takes a multivitamin and two ginseng every morning and still is very tired and worn out daily and never feels rested what are some of your suggestions
Category: Health
Expert:  Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport replied 10 years ago.
One of the most common (and obvious) causes of fatigue is not getting enough sleep -- or not getting enough good (restorative) sleep. Stress and/or depression can cause this kind of sleep disturbance -- as well as difficulty getting the sleep and/or a awakening too early.

Another, less obvious, cause of poor sleep is sleep apnea. This is where the person stops breathing (usually without fully waking up) for brief periods throughout the night. Snoring is sometimes, but not always, associated with this disorder. Frequent daytime fatigue is a common sign of sleep apnea. If you have noticed that your boyfriend's breathing is interrupted while he sleeps -- he should definitely get this possibility checked out. Most communities have sleep clinics that specialize in diagnosing sleep disorders.

Bottom-line -- constantly recurring daytime fatigue is not normal -- and not something that your boyfriend (or you) should have to put up with. Your boyfriend should definitely talk with the doctor about this.

Click above Link(s) (if any) for additional information.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, thanks for the opportunity to assist you... Please honor my efforts by Clicking the green 'Accept' button (located within this post -- above-right). Adding a bonus -- should you wish to do so -- would be warmly welcomed.

Good Luck!

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport's Post: neither of these answers are even close no sleep apnea and not depressed
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

After reading your question, I would have him see his doctor for a full blood work up. Being tired as you describe, can be due to blood sugars, his thyroid, anemic. Some can even develop food allergies (which is more on the rare side) Electrolyte imbalance and even possible CFS (Chronic fatigue syndrome) So do start with a full blood work up, which majority of the things listed above can be detected via the blood work and give his doctor a clearer picture of what is going on.

Best of luck Hun, Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *Accept* button.

Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience: 17+ years, Healthcare Expert