4ren6
4ren6, Medical Forensics
Experience:  Forensics Medical Forensics
796442

my child paces back and forth constantly and rapidly ...

my child paces back and forth constantly and rapidly slaps his hands together
Category: Health
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.
Does your child talk and show emotions for a child of his age. Does he interact with others freely. Does he sit and rock.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: does not interact very well but does not rock back and forth
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.
Does he speak normal for a child of 10? Or does he mumble and scream?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: does not mumble or scream but he watches a lot of tv and can quote dialogue from movies and cartoons. he has brushed his hands together much like he is dusting off dirt but at a very fast pace since he was about 2. he had to change schools last year and has made no friends at school.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.

Thanks for answering some but I have asked now 3 times and this is important. Does he speak normal for a child of 10? Does he initiate conversation on his own or if spoken to or is he real quite.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: most of the time he is very quiet
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.

Ma'am I would have him tested for Autism.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

There are three distinctive behaviors that characterize autism. Autistic children have difficulties with social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors or narrow, obsessive interests. These behaviors can range in impact from mild to disabling.

This is why last last night I continued to ask about his speaking and talking. Your child exhibits 3 of the main conditions for Autism. I was waiting to hear back on the speech.

There are also a number of Subgroups and similar disorders that he may fit into. You need to have him examined and going on 10 years of age is quite a long time to not have already done so.

Another good site to research:

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/autism.cfm

I urge you to get him to a good pediatric MD within your area to asses and refer you to the best doctor or doctors to give you and your child support.

I wish you and your child the best.