Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

i have black spots on my foot what may this

Customer Question

the spots are smalone and round they look like some dotted a marker on my foot
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

Where on your foot are they? Any additional details will help us answer you better.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: they are on my right foot.....three of them (spots) and one on my left foot. they are round and look like if you took a black fine point marker and dotted it on your foot making spots as you move it.
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

If they are on the bottom of your feet it could be plantar's warts.

Click here to read more.

Otherwise, they could be from dye in new socks, or from a rivet in a shoe that has discolored the skin.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: no they are not on the bottom of my foot but on the top of my foot. They are small in nature and black. Again, if you took a fine point marker and poked it on the top part of your foot it looks just like that. It is not a wart (i do not think) but it is small and looks like blood spots
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

I am not sure what they could be at this point. I would just observe them. If they get larger or don't go away, it could be small blood blisters possibly from shoes that fit wrong. If you are on your feet a lot, that could be a possibility.

Usually plantar's warts are on the bottom of the foot.

I will continue researching, and let you know if I come up with anything else. In the mean time perhaps another expert can help.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: can you please advise what a blood blister is in the interim i will accept your reply.
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

Blood blisters are the same as blisters. Only instead of filling with clear fluid they fill with blood.

Thanks for the accept!