Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

pain in my belly button, Tonight i had my girlfriend look..blood

Customer Question

Hello, During the last few days i have noticed some pain in my belly button, Tonight i had my girlfriend look for me and she said there is 2 little white "fatty deposits" They look like fat from a piece of meat. Well while she was poking around in there, she noticed some puss and blood. What is this????
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

It may be a bacterial infection or possible fungal infection. At this point clean the area well with antibacterial soap and apply some neosporin to the area. If this doesn't help within a couple of days, then see your doctor, you may need an antibiotic. You don't mention anything about pain, so keep an eye on the area as well just in case this may be related to a hernia (but at this point, I wouldn't think that) So just do the above and don't wear any tight clothing. Actually wear something loose or something that you can allow it to get air as well and keep clean.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *Accept* button.