Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Experience:  I have a B.S.N and more than 10 years of training and experience in patient care and education

I have a small bubble/bump as part of the vein ...

I have a small 'bubble'/bump as part of the vein running parallel to the head on my genitals. If you look at the vein as a "W", it is on the bottom right point. The bubble grows (or at least seems to) when I'm erect to about 1/4" around or so. It feels slightly hard to touch when I'm not erect. I just noticed during self stimulation about 2 days ago and hadn't noticed it before.
Category: Health
Expert:  Christy Hammond replied 10 years ago.
HiCustomer welcome to JA. Thank you for trusting us with your question. Can you define the term tumxx?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Christy Hammond's Post: At the least I'm trying to eliminate the idea that it could be a tumor or something...
Okay-your abbreviation for tumor (tumxx)had me stumped!

The veins along the penis, like any superficial veins in the body may experience valve dysfunction, hardening or thrombosis (clot).

There are valves in your veins that keep the blood flowing in one direction in the veins. Sometimes those valves weaken or don't work correctly and the blood backs up and can become congested and clogged.

Friction, trauma or aging can cause clots to form, or the walls of the veins to weaken or dilate in areas. This can impede or interupt blood flow
causing small bubbles or lumps along vein, or a reddened, irregular appearance of superficial veins.

Cancer of the penis is very rare. It is defined as a malignency of the skin or tissues of the penis. It is primarily formed by squamous cells and arise first on foreskin or glans. Men who are uncircumcised, have HPV, smoke, or are treated with UV light or certain psoriasis drugs, are at higher risk. Symptoms include: growths or sores on the penis (not as part of the vein), and unusual discharge or blood coming from the penis. If there are symptoms of cancer, the doctor will examine the penis. If the penis doesn't look normal or if the doctor feels any lumps, a small sample of tissue (called a biopsy) will be cut from the penis and examined.

You should consider a complete physical, including a digital manual exam if you have not had one recently. This would be a good time to start a routine program of health screenings and provide an opportunity to discuss this concern with the Doctor. Men should begin yearly exams at age 45.   

If you are confident that the bubble is within the vein, then treatment is not necessary unless symptoms such as pain appear. If there is any chance that the lump is outside the vein, or if you develop signs of infection (pain, red streaks, fever...)you should be examined by a Doctor. Otherwise, cold packs twice daily may reduce appearance of lump.

I hope this was reassuring. Thank you for trusting me with your question, good luck to you.