Marie
Marie, Dentistry/Healthcare/Counselor
Experience:  25 year in dental/health care/counsel women/families/alcohol/drug
963094

I have a loose filling in my front tooth, can I use ...

I have a loose filling in my front tooth, can I use krazy glue or something else like that until I can see a dentist?

You can use over-the-counter Dentemp O.S. Max Hold, One Step Filling Material until you can see a dentist.

Please click the green accept button if my answer is helpful to you. A positive feedback rating and a bonus would be encouraging. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Take care , Dr.Yetimyan.

The over the counter filling material will not help you because they are designed to be put in a hole in a molar tooth that you bite down on. If your front tooth had a filling, it will be typically done on the distal or mesial side. No material home done material will work. If you had a composite done to fill in the loss of the biting surface (lingual)of the tooth, there is nothing you can do until a dentist can fix this. What you can do is gently brush the area to make sure no food or bacteria can infiltrate the area until a dentist can fix it properly. If you have any severe pain, 800mg Motrin is the only OTC that will help. Please call your dentist and have him fix this ASAP so the dentin of the tooth does not decay and you end up with a root canal. If you have any other questions, please ask.

REMEMBER to click the ACCEPT button if this helped you.
Marie, Dentistry/Healthcare/Counselor
Experience: 25 year in dental/health care/counsel women/families/alcohol/drug