Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

Is is normal for my period to be 50 days apart

Customer Question

My period is usually 26-28 days apart, but now it's been like 50 days apart...and now i havent recieved one...could i be pregnant??
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

If you have gone beyond what your normal is, it's possible you could be pregnant if you have had unprotected sex. There are several causes for irregular menstruation though, so you need to see your doctor to confirm if you are pregnant or if there is something else going on. Some causes for irregular periods. Stress, weight gain/loss, medication, illness, climate, cyst, or polyp of the cervix, hormonal imbalance, thyroid, infection.. just to name a few.

Without a proper exam it would be hard to pin point the exact cause. Do call your doctor for an exam to determine the exact cause.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *Accept* button.