Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal

My fingers tips have been numb for about two weeks, the ...

Customer Question

My fingers tips have been numb for about two weeks, the index finger on my right hand started having a burning feeling today (like touching an electric socket) Brief history: I have chronic low back pain with bi-lat lower extremity nerve damage (from MVA), I have had burning and shooting pain for years in my left leg and foot. Recently both great toes have gone numb and twice for 24 to 48 hours the bottoms of both feet have felt like they are on fire (like standing on hot asphalt barefoot and not moving), and my toes bi-lat turn red and waxy looking, the burning and redness goes away but the numbness doesnt? Any idea of what's going on? I can't get into my Dr. until August 22nd, should I goto the ER? Tonight all digits except pinkie are numb at the tips with the right index tip burning, both great toes are numb with the left burning??? Help?
Category: Health
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 10 years ago.
This sounds like you are having a circulation problem and this should be addressed as soon as possible. The other thing that comes to mind is further nerve damage that can cause these symptoms as well so it might be that a neurologist would be your best bet as they specialize in nerve related issues and can do further evaluation to determine the cause of the numbness that you are having. No matter what you should be seen as if this is related to a circulation problem it can lead to further problems and can even be related to heart related disorders as well. If this has been going on for two weeks and is getting worse instead of better then you need to have this addressed as soon as possible and if you cannot be seen by your physician until the 22nd then I would advise trying your local ER.